Pages

07 October 2011

~ Thanks Giving 2011 ~

The world sure seems to lack the spirit of thanksgiving.  It seems it's an ever growing selfish world with people centered on doing what ever they desire.  The whole idea of respecting others seems lost.  It seems there is such a rush in our world to just keep getting and getting more.  I think I am really thankful for my health.  It sure is a fragile world we live in and one moment to the next no one knows what can happen.  I think this is why I love photography so much.  It captures those moments and memories.  It allows us to look back and be thankful that we had those memories and feelings.

I have had a really rough week of work.  Probably the most challenging since I started teaching in Vegreville.  I am really thankful for this short break.  I need time to refocus and rest.  So much is going on in my brain and I need to just detach from the stress and try and relax.  Felt like this week I was really being hit from everywhere.  My feelings are pretty low right now, kind of that feeling like being kicked when I am down.  It's not fun.  I think I just need to reset my life and do somethings different and set some new goals and directions.  Things seemed to be going fine but then life smacks you in the face and you realize how quickly things can change.  I really hope the remainder of 2011 is a positive one.  I do have lots to be thankful for.  I hope all my friends and family take time to be thankful for what they have.  I give thanks to God for all the good things in my life.  

I will end my blog today with some family photos taken awhile back.  Thanksgiving to me is about family so I feel it's fitting. :)
-Randy

~ Fall Family ~ ~ Family Fall ~ ~ Family ~ ~ Family ~

No comments: