Pages

07 May 2008

70-200 Impressions So Far


Holding my camera with the new grip and lens is amazing. It feels like a massive camera now and so solid. I LOVE the lens, it's a heavy beast...but what an awesome beast it is. The pictures I've taken with it so far are vibrant with colour and so crisp. I love the image stabilization feature. I was shooting Nahla last night inside the house and there wasn't much light and I was shooting at well below 60 and getting crisp and clear images. The lens is amazing and I feel so lucky to finally have it. I am shooting April's engagement photos this weekend and will be happy to see some of the results I get with it. For anyone wondering the lens is the 70-200mm 2.8 Canon with Image Stabilization. I have wanted this lens for a long time. Nathan Elson uses the lens and does amazing work with it. He inspired me to lust after this lens and now it's almost unbelievable to look at it now and see it on my camera. :)
I also got to play the new Petrof last night. Wow, that piano sounds amazing. Makes me want to learn some new songs. I'll have to start working on learning something new. It'll be fun when Anna and Jenn play together on it sometime. Well, it's Wednesday and time will fly so I better go get on with my day. :)
-Randy

No comments: