Pages

28 April 2008

Monday


Well the Mother of all games is released tomorrow. IGN gave it a 10/10 which is shocking because it's so rare to see a perfect 10 for a video game. In case people were wondering the game is Grand Theft Auto now I have rented it before and found it to be not my style of game. However it's "hard" to resist when a game gets a perfect 10. I am VERY curious. However what saddens me is the amount of parents that will cave in to the pressure and buy this game for their children. This game is clearly intended for adults and not for kids. Kids don't need to be exposed to such mature themes and it can be argued most adults too. Our world is so saturated with themes of sex and violence kids don't need to spend hours playing games that were never intended for them. Parents seem famous for placing blame when their kids make mistakes.

Movies, music and games are entertaining yet most parents are not taking a stand and learning to say no to their kids. I am not a parent yet but as an educator I can see what is going on with kids. Parents aren't doing a good job at saying "No" and more and more kids are being raised on heavy doses of media intended for adults. I grew up getting exposed to what I would think was like about 10-20% of sex and violence because my parents really cared about music, movies and other things I was opening my brain up to. Today I think kids are getting more like 50-70% of garbage due to internet, games, television being more risky then it ever was with content and much more. I know I sound like an "old" guy ranting, but wow, it's true, it's so hard to ignore anymore. I'm an adult struggling with all of this garbage....I even have trouble getting my head around some of the stuff out there...I can't even imagine how kids deal with it...

Anyway, I just hope more parents take stands and keep their children as safe as they can from this adult themed material. Ohhh and on a final note...I love my Matrix, hehehehe. Drove it to work and LOVE!!! it. :) Anniversay weekend was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: