Pages

11 March 2008

Marching in Spring


Hopefully by the weekend I will be able to buy my Bludomain website. I am excited and trying to decide which template to go with for my site. They all look great so it'll be a tough decision I think.

I have just a few more days of work this week and then I am off to Edmonton for 2 days of conferences. It'll be rough with report cards on the go, making sub plans but the break from school will be really nice. It's also at the RiverCree which is a nice place to visit. I think it will be a good time. It also helps that this weather is so nice and warm, I find it gives extra energy to get through the day.

Last night I was able to learn how to set up my brushes on photoshop to work with my tablet. It's pressure sensitive and now I finally make sense of how it works. Silly me, not knowing how to use the settings, but now if I press hard I can change the width of my line. I also have it set so if I press lightly it makes a lighter mark and harder makes a more opaque mark. I love technology. So what does this all mean? I hope it means I am on my way to creating some very cool artwork. I think I might start drawing more and seeing if I can somehow mix my photography and drawing work to create some cool art. Who knows, but I am sure loving digital art. Thanks to Imaginefx and magazines that showcase digital artists and give tutorials on how to create such amazing works of art. The best way to learn though is just with lots of fooling around and practice. I highly recommend if anyone is going photoshop to get a wacom tablet. It's not a BIG investment. A small tablet is around $70 I think and if you have deep pockets you can get an amazing one. It'll help in so many ways.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You write very well.