Pages

19 February 2008

That Said


I am tired and not sure what to write about today. So I wanna rant about the most annoying two words that have crept their way in to every day language. I first started hearing them in the sports world. Someone would be talking about a team and saying how good they are, then they'd say "that said" and start bashing them. I don't understand the point of it. It seems like people want to be able to say two different things about something. To me this is being luke warm, either you have a stance or you don't what is with this in between stuff? It annoys me to no end when I listen to a person say something then I hear "that said" and all of a sudden it's a whole different take. If you're confused about what I mean here is an example:


The movie Rambo is a violent and gory movie. Stallone looks ancient and old with no acting ability. That said, the movie has great moments and really shows the character of John Rambo. It's a super finish to the Rambo movies.


Canon cameras are awesome, they have lots of lenses to choose from. They are always improving their technology and showing that they are a leader in the camera industry. That said, Nikon is catching up and releasing better SLR cameras. Nikon cameras produce vivid and sharp photos and have overtaken Canon as an industry leader.


If you think it's a silly pet peeve then start listening closer to the news, to sports and you'll see just how often it is used in daily media. Join me in putting and end to "that said"....heheheh, ok, I am not sure how to end it, if you have any ideas let me know. That said, I better get to work or I'll be in trouble with the boss. :) hehehehhe, have a great short week.

-Randy

No comments: