Pages

18 February 2008

Models


When it comes to shooting models and Time for Print there is always the shoots that just don't work out. I had 2 planned for my long weekend. As a photographer and teacher I am very busy and I understand when things come up. Sometimes plans can't always work. However I appreciate when a model can call me, leave a message and let me know they can't make it. This weekend the model just never even responded or called. Left me hanging and didn't give me any reason. The other model at least left me a msg saying she couldn't shoot. It's part of the fun of shooting with models I guess but it's annoying when you leave blocks of your time free to shoot with someone and then they back out. I've done it a few times but have had it done to me a lot, I think it's par for the course with being a photographer.


I guess it worked out for the best considering my computer is old and showing it's age this weekend. If a model had come then I may of had comp probs when she was here. It's more then 3 years old and I think on it's last legs. It barely has 1 gig of RAM and is chugging on working in CS3 and not being very quick. My dream computer is at BESTBUY, an Acer with 500gb hard drive, 4gb of RAM, a blueray drive and a HD DVD drive, a nice video card and a 24" widescreen monitor....can I say drool? :)


Tonite I feel like my cold is trying to return, I sure hope I don't get sick like I did before. I need my strength to get through this 4 day week of school. I slept a bit today and feel like today was mostly a bleh kind of day. Didn't really get much of anything done. I hope that maybe I can work out a shoot this week...have to wait and see.

No comments: