Pages

11 October 2011

My Top Secret

The following is one of my top secrets.  Well, for those that know me this will come as no surprise.  The Top Secret is that I love doing photography for myself.  As shocking as this may sound I do not do photography for anyone else but me.  How can this be?  Well, I have always loved looking through a lens and seeing the world through the lens.  Knowing that the moment I click the shutter I am capturing a moment in time.  I love the connection between a photographer and the subject.  It is fun to work with people and to know that I am able to create unique portraits.  I love trying new lighting styles, new editing techniques and love working in photoshop and sometimes editing a picture to death. 

I realize my photography is not for everyone.  I am blessed that some people do enjoy my work and that makes me feel awesome.  However, this positive feedback is NOT why I do photography.  It is just a bonus, an added perk that does bring me joy.  Then there are those that dislike my editing style, they hate my textures I put in some edits, they don't like how I process black and white pictures, I have been told I post too much work, that I shouldn't post a colour and black and white version of the same picture, I have been told my lighting style sucks.....to this all I can say is I don't care what you say....I'm gonna be me.  I do this or myself.  It brings me joy to do what I do.  I would hope the people saying this can find joy in something and do something for themselves that brings them joy.  

There I've let my big secret out.....don't tell anyone, I don't want people knowing how selfish I am when it comes to photography. :)
-Randy




~ Randy SP 2011 ~

No comments: