Pages

24 April 2008

Last Day of the Week for Work


Tomorrow is a day off....so today will be spent finishing up some work and then a much welcome long weekend will arrive. I am excited and really can't wait to do some relaxing and enjoying the new car. :) I think a lot of mini "road" trips will be in order once we have the car.

Well, not much is going on so I'll just post a daily bible verse and off I go to work.....

Do not wear yourself out to get rich; have the wisdom to show restraint. Proverbs 23:4 NIV
I decided to extend todays blog...adding a good little rant for Thursday. Today as I drove in to work I am passed by an SUV with a female driver talking on her cellphone. Now this is not shocking news for this day in age. Almost everyone has cellphones and SUV's are almost the norm for vehicles on the roads. Driving a small car makes me feel like an oddball, so many vehicles in Alberta are full size 4x4's of some sort. I found today's bible verse hitting close to home for me. So many people are working for money. I heard on the radio that higher income couples get less sleep.
Todays world is getting more and more fast paced. People are ignoring the beautiful things around them. Talking on cellphones, multitasking in almost everything we do. It's hard to even go out with friends anymore, people are constantly texting and being over stimulated with media, ipods, portable games and more. When people come home there is television, now with PVR, people never miss their fave shows. The internet keeps people addicted with myspace, facebook and MSN messenger, yahoo messenger and millions of ways to connect with other people. Video games like xbox live keeping people connected and stimulated with video games. So much is out there to keep people wanting more and sucking them away from their relationships and families. I don't say this to judge others as I've fallen in to this trap myself. I have been told by more then one person that "I've fallen off the face of the earth" for quitting facebook. A girl at work commented that "you don't exsist if you're not on facebook" and she is an early 20's student teacher.
As I drove in to work today I also saw a coyote running full speed across the busy highway. The car that almost hit him also had a driver on a cellphone who didn't even seem to notice the beautiful animal that had ran in front of him. The coyote ran quickly over the road and on to the golf course being developed on the other side. With "humans" working and working to make more and succeed, we're missing out on the world around us. The impact we're having on the earth for these "wants" and the quest for entertainment and riches.
I really think there is a need to unplug "Matrix" style and for people to realize where their lives are going. I am not a parent but I see how children are being raised, ipods and video games and the internet play a major role in childrens development. Parents are feeding children content that is not appropriate for children. Kids are watching more violence and adult themed material. I find the the children of today have more "adult" wants. Kids want the same stuff adults want, ipods, cellphones, computers, video games. I don't see many kids just enjoying being a kid anymore. Playing outside, using imagination and just liking simple kid stuff. It's all expensive adult wants that kids are wanting. Anyway, that's my big old rant for today....hehehhehe.......just unplug people - I have been trying it on a minor level and LOVE it....if I were on facebook my status line would read ---> Randy wants you all to quit facebook too. :)

No comments: