Pages

22 February 2008

Friday





Today brings to end a very busy week. I am saddened and a bit stressed because of our computer situation. I had been starting to think about upgrading our desktop and then while I am doing that it starts a major slowdown kick. I have it working again but it's old and really works slow now with photoshop and running pretty much any program. The new laptop is also running rough, the fan sounds like a b52 bomber and I believe needs repair. Digital photography really needs computers and it's hard when both are not working very well.


On a bright note, this week was productive and I feel I got a lot done. Shooting with Shantelle and her sister Shannon was a nice midweek surprise that worked out great. Shantelle always does an awesome job in front of the camera and her sister did great as well. Shannon had never posed for a shoot before but once in front of the camera she did amazing. This weekend Lindsey and Rachel will be coming out and shooting with me. That will be cool as Rachel is someone I've talked about shooting with for a very long time and finally looks like we'll get a shoot done.


Another bright note is Jennifer and I talked about getting a website and after thinking about it for a long time, I am going to go with a bludomain website. Nathan Elson is a good photographer friend I met on the net from Calgary and he was a bludomain site. I decided it's a good move to showcase my best work and really start looking like I take this more seriously. It's also a great way for people to get a 1st impression of me as a photographer. I think due to the $$$ situtation we have to wait until next month but the good news is it's coming. I hope I can call it RandyPond.com or RandyPondPhotography.com if they are available. :)

No comments: