Pages

03 June 2011

~ Friday Rant ~

A long time ago I came to the conclusion that drugs mainly weed, pot, marijuana or whatever you want to call it plain out sucks. So many people have died needlessly due to drug abuse. I have zero tolerance for drugs. If you want drugs as part of your life, then don't plan on my support or friendship. I believe drugs give people a high, I believe that in some sickness and disease that drugs can help. I have seen what weed does. As a teacher I had students murdered due to drugs. I am not going to tolerate drugs around me. This is something very personal to me and very recently people in my circle of "friends", and I say that loosely, involved weed around me and put me in a potentially dangerous and compromising situation. Sadly this "group" of friends were "grown ups" and should know better....but they didn't. I needed to just vent and write this.

I don't expect people to live perfect lives, I am far from perfect. I have so many flaws and issues, but drugs just straight out make me mad. It's useless, a waste of life. Life is challenging enough, why throw in drugs? I guess I appreciate that this recent event happened. It gives me clarity and helps me take a stand on my personal beliefs. I have always had a huge respect for the Police and all law enforcement, I even planned being a Police Officer in High School. I really think the abuse of drugs will always be a never ending battle and the Police sadly are the ones that deal with it on a daily basis. Huge respect to the work they do. This is just an all over the place rant, but I am just annoyed and peeved and it's Friday. I think drugs suck is the basic message here. :P



~ Storm ~

1 comment:

Bear said...

your "Friday Rant" is communicated very well Randy, and I agree whole heartedly. As a mother of 3 (one being 19 and touched by this very topic) I feel strongly about "recreational drugs" and also have a Zero Tolerance for them. My husband and I also choose to not drink alcohol which may seem extreme to some, but it really simplifies the blurred line of substance abuse espcially having kids in the home, and setting a healthy example for them. Bravo to you for your strong personal stance on such an important topic.