Pages

21 April 2009

No rants today. Today was a good day. I got my Smartboard working at school. The kids really enjoy using it. I watched the Eagle webcam in BC....that was fun. Baby eagles are pretty sweet.

I am looking forward to this weekend. Jenn and I are going to celebrate our anniversary. Feeling good about this weather too....I know it's going to be cool but I know it won't last. This warm weather is coming faster every day.

I spent some time looking at my nature work on my website today. I realize how connected I am to those images. I love shooting people but nature really is fun. Images of flowers have a personal connection to me. Memories of my first trip to Vancouver Island with my 1st Canon camera. An ancient 35mm with a nice telephoto lens. I loved seeing the prints I got at Butchard's Gardens. Some of the shots with a shallow DOF of a beautiful flower were what got me hooked on blurred backgrounds. I love shooting at 2.8 or even 1.8. I think I need to go 1.4 or even 1.2, the more the merrier. :) I pay for it with a lot of wasted out of focus pictures. However the ones that work are what makes me LOVE photography. I think my 50mm 1.8 is still the most fun to shoot with out of all my lenses.

Here is an edit from awhile ago of Ashley outside. Just playing around with older shots as I wait to capture some new ones. Hopefully SOON! :) Anyone want pics? Anyone? I have not shot a person in too long. Besides weddings....I need to shoot some new stuff....it's driving me nutty. :)
-Randy
~ Ash ~

No comments: