Pages

19 March 2012

Monday Morning Rant and Full Frame Dreams

I have not posted a blog entry in a long time.  So I figure I should update and give a good Monday morning rant.  Today I will be ranting about photographers.  I know a lot of people that do photography at all different levels.  Some are professional shooters and some are just ones that are total noobs.  One of the biggest things I dislike about photography is when some photographers get a God complex.  They start looking down their nose at other people for not knowing everything about photography.

I am so tired of hearing complaints from photographers, things like clients wanting to "just photoshop that out", or "how the camera takes nice pictures" and the list goes on.  This is probably the main reason I would never want to go "professional" in the sense of doing photography as my main source of income.  The professionals I know make photography seem like the worst profession to be in.  Most make their clients out to be villains that are just out to rip them off.  It is seldom to hear good things from photographers, most of the things I hear are complaints about other photographers or their clients.  Where is the joy?  I think some of these photographers that have these issues need to find what made them happy in photography in the first place.

In the work I do, I try and enjoy every part of it.  If I am at a wedding and someone approaches me and wants to talk about my camera or what I do, I enjoy that.  If someone asks questions and wants to know how I shoot, or what techniques I use I am MORE than happy to share that knowledge.  I love photography and it makes me happy.  Here in Vegreville recently I have made some great photographer friends and we all share a mutual love for taking pictures.  We get together quite often and shoot.  There is no big ego involved and it's for fun and the love of photography.  I wish more photographers could let go of the need to run others down and make it sound like they are such Gods when it comes to photography.  Lets face it, most people do not care or understand that we know so much about our craft.  They just will look at our images and either like or dislike the work we do.  Get over yourselves, I have been humbled every time I go online and see so many people from professionals to amateurs that make my photography skills look like junk.  I don't need to walk through life with this attitude that I am some kind of a big deal.  Every time I see a FB status update or post about this negative stuff it drives me a bit more mental than I already am.

Okay, now on to a more positive note, I had a friend let me use her 5Dmii this weekend.  I have actually NEVER had a chance to shoot full frame.  I have to admit I always knew that full frame was awesome.  The part that held me back was price.  But looking back I should have decided instead of a 7D to just wait until I had the money for the full frame.  However, I am still happy with my cameras, but wow....the full frame just looks amazing.  I have made the mental shift already and don't think I can avoid going full frame.  I am making goals already to make sure to save and get myself the new 5Dmark3.  It might take some time but I will try and add this camera to my collection asap. The summer of 2012 would be a LOT of fun shooting full frame, but I will have to see how it goes.  Since it is a new camera the price is going to be quite high and I think I have a few other bills and things that will take priority over a new camera.

Well HAPPY MONDAY everyone, thanks for reading this far, lol...if you did.....here are some images taken full frame of Nicole. :)


~ Nicole ~ ~ Nicole ~ ~ Nicole ~

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Well I couldn't agree more!! I am just a small town "pro" in a sense that it's my source of income. Luckily for me, my husbands job already enabled me to be a stay at home mom, so I am not looking to get rich, or rip people off, as I also feel too many try to do. I love and am thrilled to get to shoot a few times a week, make people laugh and feel good about themselves ! Though I must admit the pet peeve of someone saying " you must have a really good camera"...lol. I learned so much since I met you and your group, and I am humbled when you comment on my photos. I hope i will never have that huge ego, and always remain as modest as you !! You're an Inspiration, more than You will ever know!

Bear said...

I have to say I am quite ignorant about the photography technology that is available because I just don't "shop" for equipment - I don't feel the need, as I am satisfied with what I have and I am thankful for the camera(s) I have. Even with my "nice" Olympus point and shoot - Randy Pond has always ALWAYS made me feel comfortable as part of the Vegreville Gang, and encouraged me as well. He didn't laugh or belittle my point and shoot, but gave compliments on how I am able to use my settings and get some nice shots with it.

Bear said...

I have to say I am quite ignorant about the photography technology that is available because I just don't "shop" for equipment - I don't feel the need, as I am satisfied with what I have and I am thankful for the camera(s) I have. Even with my "nice" Olympus point and shoot - Randy Pond has always ALWAYS made me feel comfortable as part of the Vegreville Gang, and encouraged me as well. He didn't laugh or belittle my point and shoot, but gave compliments on how I am able to use my settings and get some nice shots with it.