Pages

31 December 2008

2009 is knocking


~ Oiler Pride ~

Almost a new year....2009 is coming quick. I am looking forward to 2009, there is a lot I want to accomplish and many things I want to improve upon. I think new years are great moments for people to take stock and try to do somethings better or different then they were doing them.

Photography goals for me this year I think are to try and work with other photographers more. I got to meet a few photographer friends in 2008, Mr.Bill Cowen and the awesome Tammy. I think it's fun to talk and work with other professionals. Gives me a chance to learn, share and just have a cool friendship with people that love taking pictures as much as moi. :)

In 2009 I really want to work on some portfolio areas that are lacking for me:
  • Kids
  • Families
  • Men
  • Maybe some pets
  • lifestyle portraits

I guess there might be more then that but so far I think those areas need some work. I also want to get back to my roots which is nature photography. I've shot people so much lately I really miss getting some nature shots. Gear wise in 2009 I want to get:

  • a good wide angle lens (fish eye possibly too)
  • another body (if I win the lottery the 5dMII)
  • Another L lens (any kind)
I also hope to start a photography class here in Vegreville and teach some things I have learned about photoshop. I would like to meet other local photographers and start up some kind of a group. Like the famous group of 7...hehehe, we'll take over photography and become rich and famous. :) hee hee. 2009 is the year baby!! :) Well, lots of things to look forward to and I am excited to get to it. I wish everyone a wonderful year and hope that it brings positive things for your life. I know personally I have so much growing to do. I think more then ever this is a year for me to make even better personal changes and start growing more as a person.

And lastly, lets hope the Oil crush the Flames tonight after losing to the Sens. :) heheheh, I can't wait to wear proudly my Oiler jersey. I'll need a pic of that to post in 2009. It's an awesome jersey. Well, this is my last post of 2008. Have fun peeps.


3 comments:

Rachel Schultz said...

you can always come down and do a session with us ;) I have lots of kids now!

Hope Walls said...

Hey Randy - I bet I could get a whole pile of peole to attend a workshop on PS here in Edmonton if you were willing to make the trek... you should drop me an email if you're interested...

Happy new year!

Hope Walls said...

Hey Randy - I bet I could get a whole pile of peole to attend a workshop on PS here in Edmonton if you were willing to make the trek... you should drop me an email if you're interested...

Happy new year!