Pages

29 April 2008

Media - Parents

So much media coverage about games like Grand Theft Auto that is being released today. Parent groups, Christian groups are all going to be going after the video game for causing acts of crime, being a bad influence and the downhill run of social morals. Then there are these "risky" photos of "Hannah Montana" about to be published in a magazine of a scantily clad teenage icon. If people stopped to think about things not much has changed. When I was growing up things like Dungeons and Dragons were considered "bad" because it had "magic", "spells" and Christian groups believed involved "devilish" themes. Look at Madonna back when I was a kid, she was using sex just like Britney Spears and the rest of these young female stars that have all these problems. It's nothing new, to me it's the parents that have been changing more then the world around us.

There has been evil in our world for a long time, bad things have happened and will continue to happen. Grand Theft Auto is not the sign of the end of the world. Parents, adults and the rest of society need to start worrying about what we are doing. Protecting children from content that is not meant for them is more important then complaining about them. Too many homes are allowing dangerous thoughts, ideas and content in without caring. Through the internet, games and movies so much is being fed in to young minds without parents paying attention. My money will never be spent for my kid to play a game like that. I'll do my best to make sure my child's brain can develop without having to view garbage like that.

End of Rant, heheheh......keep in mind I still love video games and don't think every game is bad....but there is an intended audience for every game.....

No comments: