Pages

09 April 2008

The Camera


There is so much talk about "The Camera" in the photography world. Canon and Nikon the 2 big camera companies want the photographers to believe that their images depend on having the latest and greatest camera. Now I am a believer in getting good lenses, however just look at the history of photography. The picture in this post is of my Grandpa Pond, I am not even sure what camera he used, but it was taken up in the mountains of BC, he set the camera down and took the pic himself. Camera technology will always get better but it still remains the job of the user to have complete control over what image is being captured.


I hear Tammy has got herself a sweet new lens, 70-200 2.8 IS lens I have been dreaming about. Hope one day she'll let me take some pics with it. :) Here is for hoping, hehehe. Well, I am going to start putting away my pennies, dimes, nickels and maybe a few quarters in hopes of landing one of these lenses. :)


As I prepare for the day I was just thinking about my Grandpa and his love of nature and how he must have enjoyed taking pictures. This image speaks to me and just looking back at my Grandpa's life I can say I sure miss him. He had a good life left a great example for his grandkids to follow. Thanks Grandpa for the inspiration, the gifts and love that you left for me. I hope with my photography I can find what you did, beauty in nature and that connection with God.


Now hopefully Calgary loses to the Shark tank tonight. :) GO SHARKS GO!! :)

-Randy

No comments: