Pages

05 March 2008

Wednesday


Yesterday I got some bad news. Found out a really close friend is struggling with his health. He is a vice-principal at a First Nation school in Northern Alberta. He has worked really hard to get where he is today. His family is very supportive of him and he recently recieved his Masters degree. Finding out he is going through some medical issues just reminds me how short life can be. Friendships and family are so important. What makes it tough is that he lost his Dad recently and his family went through a really hard time with that. My prayers and thoughts are with him and his family. People like him are rare and he does have a lot of good ideas and goals relating to education and being a leader. I sure hope he can get through this and be even stronger. I am praying for you C-Dawg. :)

Here are just a few inspirational quotes I found today while thinking about family, friends and just loving those around us.
"And be ye kind one to another, tender-hearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you."~Ephesians 4:32~
To me this is a reminder that we need to see beyond people's faults...see them for who they are and treat others with kindess and respect. My friend who is sick is very much involved in his culture and First Nation culture is about showing respect, honoring people and to me in this bible text showing kindess to others is what we need in this world and in this life.

Just a few more inspiring quotes from the B-I-B-L-E :)


"Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God and knoweth God ... Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us."~1 John 4:7, 11-12~

“Work hard and become a leader; be lazy and never succeed. (Proverbs 12:24)”

“Therefore, do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

2 comments:

Smiley Eyes Photography said...

Thinking of you in these hard times. I hope your friend will be ok !

Randy said...

Thanks Tammy. :)