Pages

31 March 2008

Internet Rage


I just read my friend Tammy's Blog and it really reminded me of the "issues" and bad sides of the internet. I played a lot of internet games, xbox live, warcraft and it never ceases to amaze me the hate that seems to dominate in these areas. Lots of horrid words, racial, cursing, people talking to complete strangers in a way to enemies might talk. These people can live in the same town, state, province yet they meet online and take their rage out on each other. I've been guilty of getting in to childish rants on forums. I don't go to the level of racial or hardcore cursing but I have allowed myself to get my blood boilling over things someone has said.

I believe the moments I've felt my blood boil have been when something else in my life was lacking. Just as when I am driving in Edmonton on the Whyte Mud and some moron cuts me off, or speeds up behind me inches from my bumper. If I am having a bad day, or bad week or bad month, heheheh, I allow myself to get mad, say some horrid things to this person and wish them nothing but negative luck. Same as online, some powerless person can feel power over others by acting like a bully, doing something to try and upset another. Happy people don't act like this, even people that are having problems don't act like that. Not everyone sees the need to treat their fellow mankind with this kind of attitude but yet it's so common in our world today. Showing love is something that very few people think about anymore.

It just makes me sad when I see how "ugly" the world has become. I don't often talk on my xbox live anymore and mute most players in games for almost all of them are kids talking with such hate. If a person just takes a look at society it's getting uglier and uglier. Just take a look at the biblical city of Sodom and think how far off is today's North American culture from becoming just like that? I think the connections are coming closer and closer and that is scary stuff. Hehehheheh, wow, there is my rant about rage for the day. :)
-Randy

1 comment:

Smiley Eyes Photography said...

Thank you for your awesome comment on my blog. It is tough dealing with some of these people online.

You worded everything the way I wish I would have.... I am still trying to find the right words to express my feelings on all this.