Pages

20 February 2008

Wednesday - Photo Shoot




One thing I struggle with as a photographer is coming up with concepts for shoots. As an artist I think it should come easy with my creative mind and all. However it's tough when working with a model to know what clothes they have, what style they can work in. I see so many photographers work that I admire and there are loads of ideas out there. I find that my photography follows my art in the sense I like to be spontaneous. I do like planning shoots but for the most part I like seeing what the model brings and during the shoot being creative and making it up as I go. When I was in art school I would be drawing and during the process I would be using whatever I had in my art supplies to create the image. I was a multi-media junkie and I find in photography I like experimenting while I shoot. Maybe it's because it's such a visual process and with digital I love the immediate feedback I get. I can be shooting a model and right away see how the light looks or how the image feels.

Tonight I get a chance to shoot with Shantelle, this will be our 3rd shoot and I am looking forward to it. I plan on doing a Matrix style theme for a few shots...since I usually lack ideas I am excited to see how this one turns out. :)

Those poor Oilers...I watched the sad excuse for a hockey game last night and sure makes me wonder how long it will be before my team can get back in the race for Lord Stanley. This morning I am off to a training session here in Vegreville for 1/2 a day at the high school. I'll be learning how to manage and use our school's webpage....yipeeeee. :) Have fun people and check http://www.pbase.com/phocus73/shantelle for the pics from my shoot with the lovely Shantelle in the next few days.

-Randy

No comments: