Pages

14 February 2008

Valentines Day



Happy Valentines Day!!! Now I have to admit I am a bit of a grinch when it comes to Valentines day. I love romance but even a woman I think might agree, spontaneous romance is the best. It's hard to be spontaneous on a set day, when it is almost expected. How ever the sad reality is that some women only get romance on a few days out of a year and Valentines Day happens to be one of them. Like most holidays it's one set up to make money. All the card manufacturers I am sure see profits...flower shops....chocolate sales....those stuffed animals and plenty more valentine related "crap". Showing the one you love that you adore them is something that should happen throughout the year. I love trying to do little things to surprise my wife...getting her things she likes, writing her poems, leaving her notes, trying to do things for her so she can have some time to herself. There is so much a guy can do if he tries to be creative about it. Being an artist I love making my own cards and hand drawing pictures for her. When Feb.14th comes around I think it just stresses most couples out. Guys feel "obligated" and that isn't what love or romance should feel like.

I do think photography is a romantic thing and capturing a great image and giving it to the one you love to me is a priceless gift. To me there is nothing cooler then seeing a beautiful image of my wife. Life passes by so quickly it's nice to see memories of it in a visual form. To anyone reading this, happy valentines day and hope you have a reason to smile today. :)

1 comment:

Smiley Eyes Photography said...

That is terribly romantic, and your wife is lucky to have you !

I agree with all you say about the day !

Happy Valentines Day to the both of you !!